Welcome new Game()!
Announcing new Game(), a Codemotion brand dedicated to Game Development
Since the first edition of Codemotion, in 2011, Game Development has always been an important focus of the convention, with an entire day of talks and a dedicated showcase area.
In the last few years the interest, the culture, the competences and the production of gaming industry have grown in an exponential way.
In this year’s edition, Codemotion devotes two days of talks to this subject, with 12 speeches, more than 20 exhibitors, workshops and dedicated codelabs.
Codemotion had the fortune to witness the GameDev’s evolution and we hope to have been an active part of it. For this reason, we thought it would be worthwhile to create a dedicated new brand with the purpose to give to the GameDev movement all the importance it deserves.
New Game() wants to keep contributing to the Game Development by delivering high level contents about every aspect of GameDev: not just coding, but also design, graphic, music and sfx, marketing and business.
We are proud and happy to collaborate with important italian events like Game Happens, Game Overand Svilupparty.Furthermore, thanks to the partnership with Casual Connect/Indie Prize, since two editions, the best project among those presented in the Showcase area of Codemotion is invited to exhibit in a Casual Connect event and to participate to the International Indie Prize in Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv or San Francisco.
Therefore, we strongly believe in the value of network organization and sharing ideas.
Codemotion is an international conference, new Game() wants to be a link to connect developers, not only in Europe but also worldwide.
GameDev at Codemotion Milan 2016
Track talk highlights:
- 34BigThings will talk about Redout Design
- The Trinity team with Slaps and Beans after their recent success on Kickstarter
- Mattia Traverso will talk about FRU, the killer application for Kinect released after the death of Kinect itself
- Antab Studio and the incredible Gridd
- About VR: the brand new Edge Guardian and Yon Paradox
- The amazing We are Müesli will talk about the philosophy that lies beneath their latest work SIHEYU4N
- The reverse engineering of Hearthstone’s protocol from a group of hackers
- How to apply the rules of game design to non-gaming products
About 20 exhibitors. Take a look to the list, there are some exclusive previews!
Codelab with gamedev/VR subject by Edge Guardian developers
From zero to VR!
Back to news list