Data Scientist Senior
With the aim of supporting the Solution Development department, which is related to the study of innovative technologies and their application to useful business cases, we are looking for a Data Scientist. The selected candidate will contribute to consolidating and widening the general knowledge and technological knowhow of SIA in the field of Data Science and Machine Learning.
The candidate will have
- a Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in computer science, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, physics or a related quantitative discipline.
- Proven experiences in solving algorithmic and computational problems
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of programming language such as Java, Python/Numpy, Scala, R, SQL
- Team player
- Upper intermediate English knowledge
- Knowledge in servers management and cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of at least one of Lucene/Solr, Elasticsearch
- Experience with at least one the following libraries for ML: Scikit-Learn, Spark ML/MLIB, TensorFlow
- Knowledge of Big data systems (Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, …)
- Research and construction of data driven models, turning data into information
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems